Priscilla Chan Summer Service Stipend Program
With thanks to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, the Institute of Politics is excited to collaborate with Harvard College’s Center for Public Service and Engaged Scholarship and the Phillips Brooks House Association to provide additional financial support for Harvard undergraduates with Summer 2024 internships in public service.
Students who receive need-based aid for college and who have secured an Institute of Politics Director’s Internship or Summer Stipend for Summer 2024 are eligible to apply for additional funding for living expenses up to $1000 through the Priscilla Chan Summer Service Stipend program.
Eligible students will receive their base stipend from the IOP and an additional $1000 from the Priscilla Chan Summer Service Stipend program.
The deadline to apply for the Priscilla Chan Summer Service Stipend is TBD.
All application information should be submitted via CARAT. To apply, applicants must submit:
- 1-page resume noting your skills, previous employment, extracurricular activities, and volunteer experiences. Include traditional work-related skills, including any specific skills required for the position (ex., Spanish language proficiency)
- A 750-word statement outlining their Director’s Internship or Summer Stipend internship and how it will benefit the community.
- Copy of your unofficial student record (found at my.harvard.edu)
- A letter of sponsorship (or any correspondence you've had so far) from your partner organization. Your letter of sponsorship confirms the viability and feasibility of your internship. Please ask your partner organization to highlight your project’s anticipated outcomes, time duration (number of weeks and hourly work commitment), and supervisor contact information.
- If your internship is not confirmed by the time you submit your application, please share in your proposal where you are in the process (i.e., you've applied for the internship, you've interviewed for the internship, etc.)
- OPTIONAL - A 250-word statement of need (request up to $1,000 in additional funding for living expenses)
The application will ask students to indicate if they are already receiving funding from another source. Students should disclose their IOP Director’s Internship or Summer Stipend money there.
For additional information about the Priscilla Chan Summer Service Stipend, please visit: https://publicservice.fas.harvard.edu/priscilla-chan-summer-service-stipend.
Eligibility: Students who receive need-based aid for college and who have secured an Institute of Politics Director’s Internship or Summer Stipend for Summer 2024
Application due date: TBD