The Institute of Politics is committed to continuing the long-standing tradition of supporting Harvard College students in their pursuit of politics and public service. In recognition of the changes the COVID-19 epidemic has brought for students, we are excited to announce the IOP Fall 2020 Stipend Program.
This program will continue the financial support traditionally offered over the summer months and allow flexibility during these unprecedented times. We are working with our public service partners from across the College, the University, and beyond campus to ensure we can provide students the resources to continue to gain experiences in public service. Our goal is to provide students with a substantive term-time experience in public service while ensuring the health and safety of all program participants.
- Resume: 1 page maximum. 1” margins, 11 - 12 point font. You can find resources and templates for resumes here.
- Short Answer Questions: Applicants are asked to respond to a few short answer questions regarding:
- Previous experiences that have led the applicant to pursue an internship during the Fall 2020 semester. (1 paragraph response)
- Applicant's goals for the term-time internship experience. (1 paragraph response)
- How the term-time internship relates to the applicant's future plans. (1 paragraph response)
- Applicant's connection to or interest in the internship host organization. (1 paragraph response)
- Proof of Internship: Applicants are responsible for securing their own remote internship in politics and public service. This internship search resource guide may be helpful. Once an internship placement has been confirmed, documentation must include the following:
- Work schedule: hours/week, days of the week, start and end dates
- Confirmation of fully remote format
Send your questions to the Internships & Career Services team at IOP_ICS@hks.harvard.edu.