Integrity Initiatives International (“III”) is an international NGO committed to strengthening the enforcement of criminal laws against corrupt leaders, also known as “kleptocrats”. III works to end grand corruption by: supporting national measures, such as the recently created special anti-corruption court in Ukraine; promoting an understanding of the close connection between grand corruption and violations of human rights; forging a network of young people dedicated to combatting corruption in their own countries and around the world; and catalyzing the campaign to establish the International Anti-Corruption Court (“IACC”).
International support for the IACC is growing. In January 2019, Colombia called on the United Nations to discuss the establishment of the IACC at the Special Session of the General Assembly being convened in 2021. In March 2019, Peru signed a joint Presidential Declaration with Colombia calling for further study of the IACC. In June 2019, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime hosted an Expert Group Meeting, which included further study of the IACC in its final Outcome Statement. In September 2019, Colombia and Peru organized a side event at the United Nations General Assembly to discuss the proposal for the IACC. In October 2019, III Chair, United States District Judge Mark Wolf, participated in a regional anti-corruption conference hosted in Cali, Colombia. The conference generated support from many Latin American countries.
III is currently seeking an intern to work with Judge Wolf in his chambers in Boston, MA. The intern will also work closely with III board members and external partners. Interns will have the opportunity to attend judicial proceedings
The responsibilities of the intern will be as follows:
- Provide administrative support to III’s Chair, Mark Wolf;
- Conduct research on matters relevant to III’s work such as national and regional anti-corruption efforts, potential partners, and fundraising opportunities;
- Prepare for meetings with external partners and attend such meetings;
- Collaborate with members of III’s NextGen Youth Network to further expand its network in Latin American and around the world;
- Work with partners to develop a coalition to campaign for the establishment of the IACC.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate;
- Highly motivated and organized;
- A strong communicator;
- Dedicated to combatting grand corruption around the world.
Experience in social media marketing tools and website design would be valuable but is not required. Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.