In 2016, a sane conversation about politics was most needed but hardest to find.
We needed a better conversation about politics in this country — and that's why we launched Crooked Media — to talk about politics in a way that doesn’t make you want to throw your phone out the window – with shows and analysis and other forms of sweet, sweet content that inform, entertain, and inspire action. No, we’re not unbiased, we’re not always serious and we’re certainly not always right. But we promise a no-BS conversation about politics and culture where you can laugh, cry, scream, ridicule us daily, share your ideas, and hopefully decide that you want to help fix this mess too. That’s it.
Research / Development Internship
- Assist in the daily operations of the development department
- Keep track of incoming pitches and writing summaries and coverage
- Maintain and track talent lists
- Research new talent across all Crooked platforms
- Willingness to assist other departments across Crooked (if necessary)
- Ability to conduct research on current events, policy, and politicians quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to stay up to date with news cycle, particularly elections
- Compile information for podcast segments and on upcoming podcast guests
- Fact check and copy edit daily newsletter
2018 Intern Reflection
As a research and content intern, I spend much of my time gathering information necessary for Crooked Media’s podcasts or political operations. This work includes reading and writing about guests who will appear on Crooked podcasts. With midterm elections coming up in November, a crucial part of my research has involved following primary election candidates and results across the United States. Thanks to the work I’ve been doing, I feel like I’m a part of the news cycle and political system.
I feel so lucky to experience multiple facets of the organization, particularly when I am fact checking our newsletter or taking notes in the writer’s room. The office culture is lively yet relaxed; everyone is excited to be there and eager to mentor interns! There are so many opportunities to learn about politics, media, development, business, and so much more here— all you have to do is ask!
Jenna Gray '19