35,000 people die from gun violence in this country each year. We can change that.
-4.6 Million kids live in homes with unlocked guns. 8 kids a day are accidentally killed or get injured by Family Fire. Brady educates the public on gun safety with programs like End Family Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Ip-SrUoIQ
-1 out of 5 guns are sold without a background check. Brady background checks need to extend to all gun purchases, including internet sales and gun shows.
-90% of crime guns are traced back to only 5% of gun dealers. Brady demands gun manufacturers and sellers are held accountable.
Brady is on a Mission to Prevent Gun Violence.
View Kris Brown, President, talking about Brady's 3 Point Plan: https://youtu.be/fGxwxUMoDyY
• Expand Brady Background Checks to all gun sales.
1 in 5 guns are sold without a Brady Background Check due to loopholes like gun shows and internet sales. Yet, 90% of ALL AMERICANS support expanding background checks.
• Ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines.
Shooters in massacres such as Parkland, Las Vegas, Orlando, Sutherland Springs, Aurora, and Sandy Hook have all used assault weapons and high capacity magazines. These weapons of war DO NOT belong on our streets.
• Pass Extreme Risk Protection Order Laws (ERPO's) Nationwide
An extreme risk protection order allows family members and law enforcement to seek court permission to temporarily remove guns from a person in danger of harming themselves or others.
Follow Us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bradybuzz/
No organization has a more comprehensive and systematic approach to ending America’s gun violence epidemic. Brady believes that Americans, working together, are more powerful than any problem and we invite those who feel the same way to join us in our work. We know our multi-pronged approach of education, litigation, and legislation will ensure that one day, every American can live free from the fear of being shot. Join us in creating that America.
Join Team Brady!
We are looking for summer interns who are self-driven, creative, organized students- who want to be part of a team doing really important work for our communities and our country.
The following teams are recruiting:
- The Communications Team/Social Media - http://www.bradycampaign.org/careers/social-media-intern
- The Communications Team/Media Relations - http://www.bradycampaign.org/careers/media-relations-intern
- The Partnership Team - focused on research and analysis of prospective corporate partners
- The Organizing Team - http://www.bradycampaign.org/careers/organizing-intern
- The Development Team/Biz Dev - http://www.bradycampaign.org/careers/nonprofit-business-development-intern
- Second Amendment Legal Intern - http://www.bradycampaign.org/careers/second-amendment-legal-intern
Highlights of Your Internship:
- Support a compelling mission.
- Work alongside Brady subject matter experts and thought leaders
- Be part of a cohort of likeminded Interns
- Inclusion in Team Meetings, presentations, and calls
- Opportunity to collaborate across the organization and get visibility to the operations of several departments
- Brown Bag Lunches on riveting topics
- Social Media training and the potential to write for the Brady Blog
- Social Activities
- Food Trucks/Union Station nearby
- BYOD environment
- Access to a Fitness Center
- Brady Swag
- The potential for a RBG siting!
The Ideal Intern:
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- You are organized. You are dependable and accountable.
- You have a good sense of humor. You take your work seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously.
- You are open to different perspectives. The people that work at Brady come with a variety of experiences and stories that led them to this work ...gun owners, combat marines, etc.
- No matter if the ask is simple or challenging, you see the big picture and you are happy to contribute.
- Proudly represent an organization striving to prevent gun violence in our schools, on our streets and in our homes.
Details: Metro Accessible-Union Station | Business Casual Environment | Interns must be based in Washington DC
Please check out the Time Magazine/JR Project cover story on Guns in America: http://time.com/guns-in-america/
Both Kris Brown, President & Ky Hunter, VP of Programs, are on the cover!
2018 Intern Reflection
I’ve really enjoyed my time interning at the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. For the first few weeks I was working on the Asking Saves Kids initiative, leading up to ASK Day, June 21st and since then my scope has increased to include more programs and events. I’ve had the opportunity to proofread legal documents, draft the script for a Public Service Announcement, create a one-pager for our new initiative (reverse ASK), fact check resources, create information for the website, draft social media posts, write weekly bulletins for donors, conduct research, look over materials for programs that need updates and make recommendations for the future, place articles in publications across the country, help with expense reports, help organize fundraising events, join meetings, and get to know the passionate and kind staff here. All three of my bosses make an effort to offer me lots of different types of tasks that feel substantial, rather than busywork. They regularly ask what I want to do and consistently allow me to take on projects that I propose. They are incredibly supportive without being overbearing.
On an average day I could be drafting articles, sifting through archival materials, researching the law, interviewing advocates, and lobbying on the Hill. It’s the best kind of busy.
Audrey Thorne '19