**Please submit your application through the Harvard Global Health Institute internship application. Applicants do not need to submit an appliction through the IOP website.**
The New York State Health Foundation (NYSHealth) is a private, statewide foundation dedicated to improving the health of all New Yorkers. To achieve meaningful impact, we make grants, inform health care policy and practice, and spread effective programs that work to improve New York's health system.
This summer’s intern may assist with the following projects:
- Reviewing applications for a scholarship Request for Proposal (RFP), which provides funding for Public health professionals to attend and present at relevant conferences nationally.
- Helping to manage a small cohort of public health leaders participating in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Fellows Program.
- Researching ways to incorporate health impact assessment (HIA) features into already mandated environmental impact statements (EIS), and identify pathways for reform (i.e. advocacy, legislative action).
- Exploring financing models to incentivize health-related investments in the development of new housing and/or the rehabilitation of existing units.
- Helping with events, dissemination, and external paper drafts related to NYSHealth’s White Paper assessing NYS Population Health funding.
Ideally, this candidate will have knowledge of Medicaid redesign and population health issues in NYS, but if not in NYS, then general knowledge would be helpful.