**New to 2018**
One of the most important turning points for the future of the country will take place in 2021: when states redraw their Congressional and state legislative lines. Chaired by Eric Holder, the 82nd Attorney General of the United States, NDRC is the first-ever strategic hub for redistricting focused on winning targeted elections and ballot initiatives, advancing legal action, and building the infrastructure to achieve a fairer redistricting process.
The NDRC is working to remedy the legacy of gerrymandering through a comprehensive strategy that includes overturning unconstitutional maps in court, changing the rules to enact a fairer system for drawing maps, building infrastructure and mobilizing tools ahead of the 2021 redistricting process, and gaining power in targeted states by electing more Democrats.
- Draft external correspondences for finance and press departments
- Conduct research on issues related to redistricting on the state and federal levels
- Assist with coordinating staff calendars and event logistics
- Provide support for department directors and external meetings as needed
- Provide additional support for general administrative work within the office as needed
- Applicants will be self-motivated and interested in gaining experience with political and legal issues surrounding the electoral process, specifically focused on gerrymandering
- Successful in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Proven ability to work with sensitive information
In your Statement of Interest, please include a response of no more than 150 words to the following question: Why do you think gerrymandering is problematic to democracy?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
The NDRC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country. The NDRC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NDRC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NDRC employee. The NDRC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.