KIPP NYC is a non-profit network of free, public charter schools that prepare students for success in college and life. In 1995 we started our first middle school, KIPP Academy, in the Bronx. Our goal was to graduate students with the strength of character and academic abilities needed to succeed in high school, college and beyond – and in so doing, to prove what is possible in urban schools. Today, our New York City network is comprised of five middle schools, four elementary schools, one high school, and KIPP Through College, a comprehensive support program for our alumni. KIPP NYC currently serves 5700 students and alumni, have a staff of more than 700 and a budget of over $98M. At full growth, we will serve nearly 6300 students and alumni.
The intern to the Summer Institute Team will play a critical role supporting and executing the five week summer training for all KIPP leadership and teachers (700+ people). This position will work with the Summer Institute leadership team and other interns executing the logistics of training, summer events and celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities could include:
- Assist planning and coordinating logistics for 700+ trainings, including writing and maintaining a schedule and staff plan for the training
- Organize and assemble materials for the summer training
- Help with set-up and breakdown of events
- Serve as a point of contact to help assist during trainings
- Work with the Summer Institute team to evaluate training execution and think about ways to improve each day
- Maintain the regional PD website to communicate summer institute information
- Help plan and execute summer celebration events (games, happy hours)
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- A passion for the mission of KIPP NYC and commitment to being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven organizational culture
- Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure
- Strong computer skills is a plus, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within established timeframes and demonstrates flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills that contribute to a collegial working environment and a healthy measure of the character traits we value: zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.