Human Rights Campaign
**New to 2017**
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is America’s largest organization working for LGBTQ equality. Our vision of a fair and equal country starts with the most basic aspects of life – work, family & the community. HRC represents a grassroots force of more than 1.5 million members & supporters nationwide working every day to make LGBTQ equality a reality. HRC works to elect pro-equality candidates, pass LGBTQ-positive legislation, support legal efforts to ensure equality and engages citizens at the grass roots level. The HRC Foundation engages in public education and outreach with individuals and entities to advance LGBTQ equality through it’s programs: Workplace Equality, Religion & Faith, HRC Global, Campus & Youth Engagement, Health & Aging, Research, and Children, Youth & Families. ,
HRC University is the Human Rights Campaign’s internship program, created to provide more than the typical internship experience. With more than 30 unique programs from which to choose, interns are able to select their priorities based on their own career or advocacy interests, including Government Affairs, Workplace Equality, Digital Media, Marketing, Health & Aging and Gala Events. You will be able to provide your top five choices for internship programs. Interns attend weekly brown bag seminars on topics ranging from LGBTQ issues to professional development. HRC’s intern mentor program matches each intern with a staff member to receive additional career guidance. Additional opportunities to network with other non-profit/progressive organizations are also frequently available.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and a shared commitment to HRC’s mission.
- Demonstrated interest in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender & queer issues
- Team player who is willing to pitch in and help out a definite plus — creativity welcome!
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask, meet deadlines, think critically & creatively
- Ability to work efficiently and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment