Facebook Public Policy Externship
**New to 2017**
Duration: Full time; Summer 2017
Facebook is seeking highly organized, motivated, and detail‐oriented undergraduate and graduate students to join our Public Policy team in Washington, DC as full-time contracted externs. The Facebook DC office helps to inform users, the media, partners, employees and other stakeholders about Facebook's products and business. Working
with policymakers at the international, federal, and state levels, the team handles legislative and regulatory matters, participates in domestic and international policy discussions and leads the company’s interactions with consumer and other non-governmental organizations. Alongside Facebook team members responsible for public
policy and strategic communications, externs will work on a variety of projects and policy issues with relevance in the US and around the world, ranging from legislative monitoring and policy analysis to content development.
Note: This is a full-time, contract position for the Summer term.
• Support Facebook's public policy and communications activities.
• Monitor and analyze legislation, regulation, and policies related to the company.
• Draft policy related materials including briefings and talking points.
• Research policy areas of interest to the company.
• Support outreach to Government, Congress, non‐profit organizations, and other entities.
• Research and develop policies and communication related to online safety, security, and privacy.
• Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
• Assist in organizing events including trainings and educational outreach.
• Pursuing a BA or graduate degree in business, law, political science, public policy, international relations,
communications, journalism, or equivalent.
• Ability to commit up to 40 hours per week in our Washington D.C. office.
• Previous internship or professional experience in policy, research, communications, or government
• Demonstrated interest in politics, public policy, and technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
• Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus.
• Passion for Facebook and online communication a must!